One of my favorite low carb meals to cook for the family is KETO meatloaf. This meaty recipe feeds our family of 6 and everyone actually eats it! (That’s a bloody miracle with 4 kids that eat so differently.)
Just Like Mom Use to Make Kind Of
If you are craving a hardy meal, this KETO meatloaf recipe is what you are looking for. I have a bad problem of getting stuck in a rut with eating the same meal over and over. If you are ready to jazz up your family’s menu with some meaty goodness – let’s dive in.
Make It How You Like It
The beautiful things with this KETO meatloaf recipe is that there are a million different ways to adapt it using our base recipe. Here are different variations of this low carb meatloaf recipe that you can change and update ingredients to make it fit in one of your meal plans. Scroll past the recipe to learn all about the various type of low carb meatloaf recipes can be created from this base recipe!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz Canned Tomato
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- Cooking Spray (Olive Oil or Coconut Oil)
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Loaf Pan
- Plastic Wrap
- Add ground beef to a mixing bowl. Mix in your egg, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon dried basil.
- Mix meat, egg and seasoning ingredients well.
- Next, pull a piece of the plastic wrap on put to your counter top. You will want your plastic wrap piece to be 4 inches or so longer than your loaf pan.
- Place beef mixture from mixing bowl on to the plastic wrap, in a rectangle shape. You will want your meat mixture to be approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Top the meat mixture like a pizza with your baby spinach and then the cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Using the plastic wrap, roll the edges of your meat mixture on to itself to create a log. Pinch the edges closed to seal your ingredients.
- Place the keto meatloaf log into your refrigerator for 20 minutes. Yes, this can seem annoying, but will help firm up your delicious low carb meatloaf!
- While your meatloaf is firming, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your loaf pan with the cooking spray of your choice.
- In your second mixing bowl, place your 8 oz canned tomato and mix in 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon dried basil.
- Once your keto meatloaf is firm, take out of the fridge and transfer from the plastic wrap to your loaf pan.
- Top your uncooked low carb meatloaf with your tomato mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes at 350 degrees until cooked and golden brown.
- If you like a crisp top to your meatloaf, broil for 2 minutes. Top with chives for an optional flavor kick.
- Let sit for approximately 10 minutes before devouring! Check out our awesome keto sides ideas for suggestions on what to eat with this keto meatloaf recipe!
There are so many ways to make this delicious keto meatloaf recipe. Find which way works best for your taste and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the Perfect Meatloaf Temperature
If you are a food temperature person, I like you. I like making sure that my meat is thorughly cooked. The ideal perfect meatloaf temperature is between 155 degrees Fahrenheit and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
You will want to use a food thermometer (this is the one we use) to determine your meatloaf’s internal temperature. Don’t forget, the temperature inside the meatloaf will rise after you take it out of the oven.
More Low Carb Meat Loaf Ideas
KETO Meatloaf Muffins
Rather than making in a loaf pan, make Keto meatloaf muffins in a silicone muffin pan. This makes for great meal prep, easy for storing and popping in your lunch box for a meal on the go.
Add cheese because with low carb and KETO, you can! Simply adding cheese to our keto meatloaf recipe makes this dish taste like a cheeseburger!
Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf
Exchange the ground beef out for ground turkey and you will have low carb turkey meatloaf! You can also use ground chicken, but the lack of fat in both of these poultry meats do change the taste.
Substitute Coconut Flour or Almond Flour
KETO meatloaf coconut flour or KETO meatloaf with almond flour as a substitute for crushed pork rinds – if you are adversed to using pork rinds.
KETO Meatloaf Bacon Style
If you REALLY want to up your protein and meat game, wrap your meatloaf in bacon for the ultimate low carb meatloaf!
Don’t miss all of our Keto Ground Beef Recipes!
Tell us how you meatloaf! We hope this keto meatloaf recipe is a new addition to your low carb menu.